Cemetery Dance Publications, Forest Hill, MD. July 2013. "The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem" By Stephen King. Illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne. Signed limited edition. Signed by both the author and illustrator directly onto the limitation page. Includes the matching numbered artist portfolio. 88 pages.
This edition was published in four states:
- World's First Edition, First Printing Trade Hardcover
- World's First Edition, First Printing SLIPCASED trade hardcover featuring a different dust jacket and shrink-wrapped with a deluxe custom-made slipcase and a collectible Glenn Chadbourne bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book
- Traycased Signed Limited Edition of only 500 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock, bound in a fine material with two-color hot foil stamping, a different dust jacket, a color frontispiece, satin ribbon page marker, and embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and Glenn Chadbourne
- Signed Lettered Edition of only 52 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, a different dust jacket, a different color frontispiece, a satin ribbon page marker, imported endpapers, a hand-drawn Dark Man illustration by Glenn Chadbourne in every copy, all protected in a custom deluxe traycase, signed by Stephen King and Glenn Chadbourne
The Limited and Lettered Editions SOLD OUT in less than two hours. A second printing of the trade hardcover was ordered the week before publication due to a surge in orders from retailers.
About the Book:
Stephen King first wrote about the Dark Man in college after he envisioned a faceless man in cowboy boots and jeans and a denim jacket forever walking the roads. Later this dark man would come to be known around the world as one of King's greatest villains, Randall Flagg, but at the time King only had simple questions on his mind: Where was this man going? What had he seen and done? What terrible things...?
i have ridden rails...
More than forty years after Stephen King first wrote his breathtaking poem "The Dark Man," Glenn Chadbourne set out to answer those questions in this World's First Edition hardcover featuring more than 70 full-page illustrations from the talented artist behind The Secretary of Dreams.
i have slept in glaring swamps...
This Cemetery Dance Publications hardcover is a true marriage of words and art, with Chadbourne pulling the images from King's imagination and illustrating them in magnificent detail. This incredible blending of King's words with Chadbourne's art creates a unique page turning experience you can return to again and again, always finding new details hidden in every illustration. You'll discover hidden layers and mysterious secrets for years to come.
i am a dark man...
So who is the Dark Man and why is he traveling the country? The answers are terrifying....
- Cemetery Dance Publications 2013
- Signed Limited Edition w/matching portfolio No. 26/500
- Hardcover in dust-jacket tray-case
- Glenn Chadbourne
- 11.5" x 9" x 2"
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity. Personally signed by Stephen King and Glenn Chadbourne directly onto the limitation page of the book. The autographs are not facsimiles, stamps, or auto-pen.