A Beautiful Volume. One of the Most Elegant and Desirable Limited Editions Ever Produced by Easton Press In the Past 40 Years.
Full Genuine Leather. The Kelmscott Press's "THE WORKS OF GEOFFREY CHAUCER". An exclusive leather-bound Deluxe Limited Edition. Limited to only 425 copies. This is #39. This was a major publishing event in Easton Press history. Your edition will arrive numbered with a matching Certificate of Authenticity.
Geoffrey Chaucer was an English author, poet, philosopher, bureaucrat, courtier and diplomat. Although he wrote many works, he is best remembered for his unfinished frame narrative The Canterbury Tales. Sometimes called the father of English literature, Chaucer is credited by some scholars as the first author to demonstrate the artistic legitimacy of the vernacular English language, rather than French or Latin.
Presenting The Kelmscott Press's The Works of Geoffrey Chaucer, re-created from the rare and beautiful masterpiece originally published in 1896.
Weight: 20 lbs.
Dimensions: 11 1/2" x 17"
An exclusive leather bound Easton Press Deluxe re-creation that features:
The complete works of the first great author of the English language, including the immortal Canterbury Tales.
- All 87 woodcuts by renowned Victorian-era artist, Sir Edward Burne-Jones.
- The borders, decorations, and initials drawn by William Morris himself.
- The unique typeface created by Morris specifically for this masterpiece.
- A magnificent Morris-designed cover, debossed just like the original.
- A golden-edged satin-ribbon page marker.
- A clamshell case, covered in luxurious fabric,specially designed for this edition.
- Archival-quality paper made to replicate the original edition.
Photos of the actual volume you will receive
- Easton Press
- Full genuine leather
- Deluxe Limited Edition of 425
- As New/As New