A Spectacular Anthology of Original, Never-Before
Published Stories by Today's Best Writers
A high demand and desirable limited First edition, lettered "PC" of only 52 produced.
Personally signed by Stephen King, his son Joe Hill, and Richard Matheson.
Cover art and six interior illustrations by Matheson's favorite artist Harry O. Morris. The volume is presented in a special beveled bonded leather clam case with the cover art inset.
Condition: As New.
Among the many contributions to the book, is the first collaboration ever between Stephen King and his son Joe Hill, the novella "Throttle" -- their take on Matheson's classic "Duel." This is, obviously, a once-in-a-lifetime publishing event, as it's father and son's first collaboration. Both Stephen King and Joe Hill have signed both the numbered and lettered editions.
Other contributors to this anthology include F. Paul Wilson, Joe Lansdale, Whitley Strieber, Richard Christian Matheson, William F. Nolan, Gary Braunbeck, Thomas Monteleone, John Shirley and an introduction by Ramsey Campbell. This anthology is edited by Christopher Conlon.
As an added bonus, He Is Legend features the original full-length screenplay "Conjure Wife" -- over 20,000 never-before published words by Richard Matheson himself, in collaboration with the late Charles Beaumont that was filmed as "Burn, Witch Burn."
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Editor�s Note
- Introduction: Matheson the Master by Ramsey Campbell
- A Tale Inspired by �Duel�: Throttle by Joe Hill and Stephen King
- A Sequel to �The Distributor�: Recalled by F. Paul Wilson
- A Prequel to I Am Legend: I Am Legend, Too by Mick Garris
- A Sequel to Somewhere in Time: Two Shots from Fly�s Photo Gallery by John Shirley
- A Variation on The Shrinking Man: The Diary of Louise Carey by Thomas F. Monteleone
- A Sequel to �Born of Man and Woman�: She Screech Like Me by Michael A. Arnzen
- A Sequel to �Button, Button�: Everything of Beauty Taken from You in This Life Remains Forever by Gary A. Braunbeck
- A Sequel to Someone is Bleeding: The Case of Peggy Ann Lister by John Maclay
- A Sequel to �The Children of Noah�: Zachry Revisited by William F. Nolan
- A Tale Inspired by �The Finishing Touches�: Comeback by Ed Gorman
- A Variation on �Disappearing Act�: An Island Unto Himself by Barry Hoffman
- A Tale Inspired by �Legion of Plotters�: Venturi by Richard Christian Matheson
- A Sequel to �Prey�: Quarry by Joe R. Lansdale
- A Prequel to Hell House: Return to Hell House by Nancy A. Collins
- A Tale Inspired by Collected Stories: Cloud Rider by Whitley Strieber
- �And an Original Screenplay: Conjure Wife by Richard Matheson and Charles Beaumont
"He Is Legend is a book that will totally immerse the reader into the chilling universe that is the mind of the brilliant Richard Matheson. Each of the included stories is a flawless gem filled with the addictive kind of terror that will leave the reader breathless yet begging for more. It is a most fitting tribute to one of the true giants of Twentieth Century literature." -- Norman Rubinstein, Horror World
"Very rarely is a great writer honored in such a fashion as Gauntlet Press has done for Richard Matheson�. This volume is filled with the works of the best writers in the business�This book was created by fans of Richard Matheson especially for other fans of Richard Matheson."
-- Zacherley's Picks
"This is a staggeringly good anthology worth both your time and money."
-- Four BookWyrms
- Gauntlet Press 2009
- Gauntlet Press 2009
- Signed Lettered Edition of 52
- As New. Very Fine
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity. Personally hand signed by the authors directly into the book. The autographs are not facsimiles, stamps, or auto-pens.