Personally signed by Stephen King, Erin Wells, and Vincent Chong.
NUMBER 606 OF ONLY 750 PRODUCED IN THIS SPECIAL DELUXE EDITION
A wonderful gift for the collector this holiday season. This signed limited edition of "Doctor Sleep" has been personally signed by Stephen King along with the illustrators Vincent Chong and Erin S. Wells onto the special limitation page.
Cemetery Dance Publications 2013. Stephen King "Doctor Sleep" Signed Limited Edition. Limited to only 750 signed and numbered copies. A hardcover book with dust-jacket in a matching tray-case. This is number 606 of only 750. A highly sought after edition that is now OUT OF PRINT and sold out from the publisher in 4.5 hours. Original fold-out posted included. The dust-jacket is now protected in a brand new archival acid-free Brodart sleeve. As New.
The Lettered Edition version of this book sold out in 75 minutes, and the Gift Edition sold out exactly one week after it was announced, which is the fastest Stephen King Gift Edition ever sold from Cemetery Dance.
Special Features Exclusive to this Collector's Edition:
- deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two-color interior printing
- full color cover artwork by Vincent Chong
- six color paintings by Vincent Chong printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
- twenty black & white full page illustrations and six black & white spot illustrations by Erin S. Wells
- illustrated endpapers for the Gift Edition by legendary horror artist Glenn Chadbourne
- high-quality endpapers and fine bindings for all three editions
- full-color signature sheets in the signed editions
- extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the print run of the trade hardcover edition from Scribner , and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!
- Full color signature sheets
- Pristine & textured white leather boards, red metallic impressed cover and spine titles.
- Large tray case matching boards in white leather w/red metallic cover and spine titles.
- Interior of tray case lined w/black felt material.
- Each page throughout printed in black w/red accents to page numbering.
- Deep red satin ribbon marker.
- Unique to this edition's dust jacket are the designs of Vincent Chong.
- Features the horrific imagery of Vincent Chong with a half-dozen tipped-in glossy color paintings; two are fold-out extra-wide scenes.
- Features the works of Erin Wells with twenty b&w full-page illustrations and six vignettes.
- Exquisitely designed, this exclusive Deluxe Limited Edition was published by Cemetery Dance Publications in three states, printed in two colors and bound in fine materials.
About Doctor Sleep
Stephen King returns to the character and territory of one of his most popular novels ever, The Shining, in this instantly riveting novel about the now middle-aged Dan Torrance and the very special twelve-year-old girl he must save from a tribe of murderous paranormals. On highways across America, a tribe of people called the True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless, mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and spunky twelve-year-old Abra Stone learns, the True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the steam that children with the shining produce when they are slowly tortured to death.
Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel, where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father's legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant shining power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes "Doctor Sleep."
Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan's own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra's soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of devoted readers of The Shining and satisfy anyone new to this icon in the King canon.
About The AuthorStephen King has written more than forty novels and two hundred short stories. He is the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters and he also received the O. Henry Award for his story "The Man in the Black Suit." Among his most recent worldwide bestsellers are Lisey's Story, Duma Key, Under the Dome, Just After Sunset, and Full Dark, No Stars. His other releases from Cemetery Dance Publications include From a Buick 8, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume One), The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two), Full Dark, No Stars, It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition, and the World's First Edition of Blockade Billy. King lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King.
Vincent Chong is an award-winning freelance illustrator and designer living in the UK. He has worked for clients around the world on projects ranging from book cover designs to website art, and has illustrated the works of renowned authors such as Stephen King and Ray Bradbury. In 2010 he released his first art book, Altered Visions: The Art of Vincent Chong. Vincent has also received the British Fantasy Award for 'Best Artist' on multiple occasions and has been shortlisted for the World Fantasy and BSFA Awards for "Best Artist". You can learn more about Vincent at www.vincentchong-art.co.uk and vincentchongart.wordpress.com.
Erin S. Wells grew up on a farm in southwestern Wisconsin, surrounded by corn fields, creeks and wooded hills. She earned a B.A. degree from Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and an M.F.A. from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Erin now lives happily with her husband amongst the redwoods in California's Santa Cruz Mountains, and works as an illustrator and fine artist.
- Cemetery Dance Publications (2013)
- Signed Limited Edition
- Hardcover with dust jacket
- Vincent Chong
- Erin S. Wells
- Stephen King