Personally signed by François Vaillancourt, Josh Boone, Vincent Chong, and Bev Vincent.
This book is not signed by Stephen King
LetterPress Publications. December 2019. Stephen King "Revival" The special deluxe slipcased limited edition. Illustrated by François Vaillancourt (16 Full-Color Interiors!) and Vincent Chong (Bonus Materials) . 500 pages. This item is currently Out of Print from the publisher and will not be available for purchase again. Very Fine without any flaws in slipcase the same.
From the publisher:
As the debut title from Brian James Freeman's new LetterPress Publications, this volume is going to be a must-have for every Stephen King collection, but to make it a really extraordinary launch for his new press, Brian has decided to offer Revival: The Deluxe Special Edition as a "Preorder Only Limited Edition."
That means you, the collectors, get to set the print run! Reservations will only be accepted from May 15 until May 31 — after that, the print run is set and the book is guaranteed to be OUT OF PRINT pre-publication, so it will never show up heavily discounted or in Grab Bags from the publisher, etc.
No additional copies will be offered for sale and this could easily have the lowest print run of this sort of Stephen King collector's edition in many, many years! Please place your order now to get in on the ground floor of a very special new small press publisher!
About the Novel:
"I can't bear to believe his presence in my life had anything to do with fate. It would mean that all these terrible things—these horrors—were meant to happen. If that is so, then there is no such thing as light, and our belief in it is a foolish illusion. If that is so, we live in darkness like animals in a burrow, or ants deep in their hill. And not alone."
Revival by Stephen King is a dark and electrifying novel about addiction, fanaticism, and what might exist on the other side of life. This rich and disturbing tale spans five decades on its way to the most terrifying conclusion Stephen King has ever written. It's a masterpiece from King, in the great American tradition of Frank Norris, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Edgar Allan Poe.
Special Bonus Materials:
• Sixteen full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt, including three fold-out illustrations measuring 14 inches by 10 inches
• An introduction by Josh Boone, writer and director of the forthcoming feature film adaptation
• Exclusive artwork created by Vincent Chong for the film development process
• "A Nasty, Dark Piece of Work" by Bev Vincent: an overview of Stephen King's writing of the novel
• "Stephen King: The Rolling Stone Interview" — an epic twenty page interview with Stephen King originally published on Halloween 2014 by Rolling Stone magazine in celebration of the novel's publication
Special Production Features:
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring hot foil stamping and "blind" heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Includes genuine crafted spine hubs in the spine
• Deluxe binding with colored head and tail bands
• High-quality endpapers
• A sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Full-color signature sheet
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil on the spine
• Extremely collectible print run that will be a tiny fraction of the print run of the original trade hardcover edition from Scribner
About the Author
Stephen Edwin King (born September 21, 1947) is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy novels. His books have sold more than 350 million copies, many of which have been adapted into feature films, miniseries, television series, and comic books. King has published 58 novels (including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman) and six non-fiction books. He has written approximately 200 short stories, most of which have been published in book collections.
King has received Bram Stoker Awards, World Fantasy Awards, and British Fantasy Society Awards. In 2003, the National Book Foundation awarded him the Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He has also received awards for his contribution to literature for his entire oeuvre, such as the World Fantasy Award for Life Achievement (2004), and the Grand Master Award from the Mystery Writers of America (2007). In 2015, King was awarded with a National Medal of Arts from the United States National Endowment for the Arts for his contributions to literature. He has been described as the "King of Horror".
About the Artist.
Glenn Chadbourne is an American artist. He lives in Newcastle, Maine. He is best known for his work in the horror and fantasy genres, having created covers and illustrated books and magazines for publishers such as Cemetery Dance Publications, Subterranean Press, and Earthling Publications. Mr. Chadbourne is known for his sense of humour and down to earth manner, as well as the stark honesty of his work.
Glenn Chadbourne attended Lincoln Academy before continuing his education at The Portland School of Art. He also attended the University of Maine at Augusta, as well as the University of Southern Maine.
His first published work was in the late 1980s for the Stephen King related newsletter called Castle Rock. He won a contest that called for artists to submit something Stephen King related.
He wrote, illustrated, and self-published a few comics called ChillVille and Farmer Fiend's Horror Harvest in the early 1990s. He eventually met Rick Hautala and was asked to illustrate his short story collection Bedbugs. After Cemetery Dance Publications printed Bedbugs in 1999, things began to click for Mr. Chadbourne, and he has since illustrated work for many of the top names in the horror genre.
He recently illustrated The Secretary of Dreams: Volume 1, a graphic collection of Stephen King stories that was published by Cemetery Dance Publications in 2006 in three limited editions. Volume Two was announced as being drawn by Glenn Chadbourne in early 2007.
- LetterPress Publications. December 2019
- Signed Limited Artist Edition
- Hardcover with dust-jacket, Slipcased
- See product description
- 9" x 6" x 2"
- Signature Authenticity:
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE OF SIGNATURE AUTHENTICITY. This deluxe edition of REVIVAL has been personally signed by François Vaillancourt, Josh Boone, Vincent Chong, and Bev Vincent.