Personally signed by Stephen King directly onto the limitation page.
A rare gem for the serious Stephen King collector.
Bangor, Maine. Philtrum Press. 1997. Stephen King "Six Stories" Signed Limited Edition. Pesonally signed by Stephen King on the limitation page. Softcover. Bound by the Stinehour Press. 199 pages. Cover art by Michael Alpert. This is Number 328 of only 1,100 produced. A thin trade paperback with a water-marked brown cover, the words "STEPHEN KING Six Stories" humbly printed in white text across the top of the cover. Inside, the paper is of heavy stock and acid-free. The last page, 199, contains the printing information, the book number and Stephen King's signature. This is the Arabic numbered edition.
This edition stands out as having had exemplary care. Few have survived in this condition, considering it is a fragile softcover book. Includes a custom tray-case. Photos of actual item.
About the book
This signed-limited edition collection of six stories was published by King's own Philtrum Press line in 1997. This collection features first time appearances of stories or collects rare pieces for the first time. Produced with high-quality papers by the Philtrum Press publisher, Michael Alpert, who also produced the limited edition of Eyes of the Dragon, The Ideal Genuine Man, and The Plant.
The collection of six stories includes:
- Autopsy Room Four
- Blind Willie
- L.T.'s Theory Of Pets
- Luckey Quarter
- Lunch at the Gotham Cafe
- The Man in the Black Suit
Custom Tray-case: The book is housed in a half clamshell presentation box with magnetic closure. All materials used in the making of the box are acid-free and archival in quality. The exterior covering and interior lining are wrapped in an Italian made natural finish paperbacked book cloth. The panels are hot stamped on artist papers in gold foil. The closure utilizes imbedded dual high-strength magnets.
Six Stories Half Clamshell Presentation Box.
- Half clamshell presentation box.
- Book cloth in/out color:cocoa brown and chocolate brown
- Magnetic closure.
- Paper panel titling to spine panel color: complementary to book cloth color/ gold foil type Additional options.
- Additional titling to front cover.
- Paper panel titling to cover panel color: complementary to book cloth color/ gold foil type.
CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR CASE: COCOA BROWN (right) OR CHOCOLATE BROWN (left):
This is the only edition of Six Stories, which was printed in the following 4 states:
1) 10 presentation copies, marked "PC" with a felt-tip pen, signed by Stephen King)
2) 28 proof copies, marked with a pencil, signed by Stephen King
3) Roman numbered edition: The 200 copies with roman numerals were reserved by the author. Signed and numbered.
4) Arabic numbered edition: Issued for $80 as a limited edition paperback only. This was sold on a first serve basis directly from the publisher, and only these were offered for sale. Signed and numbered by Stephen King.
THIS LISTING IS FOR STATE 4, THE ARABIC NUMBERED EDITION
About The AuthorStephen Edwin King (born September 21, 1947) is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction and fantasy. His books have sold more than 350 million copies, many of which have been adapted into feature films, miniseries, television series, and comic books. King has published 58 novels, including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman, and six non-fiction books. He has written around 200 short stories, most of which have been published in book collections.
- Philtrum Press (1997)
- Signed Limited Edition
- Stephen King
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity:
- Personally Signed by Stephen King directly onto the limitation page. The autograph is not a facsimile, stamp, or auto-pen.