WIN THIS 1/1 PRE-PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE OF "SIX STORIES", PERSONALLY SIGNED BY STEPHEN KING.
THIS UN-NUMBERED PROTOTYPE CONSISTS OF THE SAME MATERIAL, DIMENSIONS, AND PAGE COUNT AS THE REGULAR STATES.
About This Item
Personally signed by Stephen King directly onto the limitation page.
A rare gem for the serious Stephen King collector of unusual items not commonly seen.
Bangor, Maine. Philtrum Press. 1997. Stephen King "Six Stories" Signed Limited Edition. Personally signed by Stephen King on the limitation page. Softcover. Bound by the Stinehour Press. 199 pages. Cover art by Michael Alpert. A thin trade paperback that does not include the regular water-marked brown cover, nor the words "STEPHEN KING Six Stories" humbly printed in white text across the top of the cover. Inside, the paper is of heavy stock and acid-free. The last page, 199, contains the printing information and Stephen King's signature. This is a pre-production signed prototype that is made up of the same materials as the regular edition. The front and back covers are not French folded as the regular edition. Blank off-white covers and spine.
This edition stands out as having had exemplary care. Remarkable that it has survived in this condition, considering it is a fragile softcover book. Includes a custom tray-case. Photos of actual item.
About the book
This signed-limited edition collection of six stories was published by King's own Philtrum Press line in 1997. This collection features first time appearances of stories or collects rare pieces for the first time. Produced with high-quality papers by the Philtrum Press publisher, Michael Alpert, who also produced the limited edition of Eyes of the Dragon, The Ideal Genuine Man, and The Plant.
The collection of six stories includes:
- Autopsy Room Four
- Blind Willie
- L.T.'s Theory Of Pets
- Luckey Quarter
- Lunch at the Gotham Cafe
- The Man in the Black Suit
Six Stories was printed in the following 4 states:
1) 10 presentation copies, marked "PC" with a felt-tip pen, signed by Stephen King)
2) 28 proof copies, marked with a pencil, signed by Stephen King
3) Roman numbered edition: The 200 copies with roman numerals were reserved by the author. Signed and numbered.
4) Arabic numbered edition: Issued for $80 as a limited edition paperback only. This was sold on a first serve basis directly from the publisher, and only these were offered for sale. Signed and numbered by Stephen King.
THIS LISTING IS FOR A 1/1 SIGNED PRE-PRODUCTION PROTOTYPE. The bound book is not numbered.
The book is housed in a half clamshell presentation box with magnetic closure. All materials used in the making of the box are acid-free and archival in quality. The exterior covering and interior lining are wrapped in an Italian made natural finish paperbacked book cloth. The panels are hot stamped on artist papers in gold foil. The closure utilizes imbedded dual high-strength magnets.
Six Stories Half Clamshell Presentation Box.
- Half clamshell presentation box.
- Book cloth in/out color:cocoa brown and chocolate brown
- Magnetic closure.
- Paper panel titling to spine panel color: complementary to book cloth color/ gold foil type Additional options.
- Additional titling to front cover.
- Paper panel titling to cover panel color: complementary to book cloth color/ gold foil type.
Near Fine+. A fragile softcover book in this ideal condition, expertly preserved. The condition is high quality with very few discernible flaws. Sharp corners all around and flat covers. Unread book with square and tight spine. No bookplate attached or indication of any removed. The book is free of writing and/or stamps. No dust-jacket as issued. Photos of actual book. Some very minor discoloration as shown to the back cover. This item will be packed to the highest standard and shipped in a timely manner by Priority Mail with tracking number and signature confirmation.