Be One of Only 20 Collectors in the World to Own An Original Piece of Signed Artwork by the Very Talented Montreal Artist, Francois Vaillancourt
This is a different mix media color remarque that is not found in the Standard or Lettered edition of REVIVAL. Each piece will be personally signed and numbered by the artist.
Please indication in the Order Comments which number you'd like to receive.
UPDATED AUGUST 28th - Today we are excited to announce the big reveal of the new Signed Limited Edition Artwork by Francois Vaillancourt. This is an exclusive REVIVAL remarque by Francois Vaillancourt, limited to only 20 and commissioned by VERYFINEBOOKS.
The image below is of Charles Jacobs, one of the main characters in the novel, holding a golden cross - and he doesn't look happy. Each one of these prints will be 8.5 x 11" and individually signed and numbered by Francois.
FREE BONUS GIFTS WITH YOUR ORDERAs a special added bonus, each one of the 20 orders placed today will receive the following three FREE bonus gifts:
Free Bonus Gift # 1 - The Limited Edition of REVIVAL by LetterPress. This edition is personally signed by François Vaillancourt, Josh Boone, Vincent Chong, and Bev Vincent. This is the signed artist deluxe slipcased edition that includes the special bonus materials and production features noted below.
Free Bonus Gift # 2 - You will receive the first edition hardcover of Stephen King's new novel THE INSTITUTE. The dust-jacket will be fitted with a brand new archival acid-free Mylar sleeve. Very Fine/Very Fine throughout without any discernible flaws. This novel will be released on September 10th.
Free Bonus Gift # 3 - You will choose and receive a free bonus book from a list of over 50. Each one is a Very Fine edition that belongs in the library of the most discerning collector.
How to get the free bonus gifts - We will send you and email with detailed instructions after your order is received.
We are pleased to announce that Francois Vaillancourt, the artist who did most of the illustrations for the upcoming Revival limited edition book, has graciously agreed to create a BRAND NEW limited edition artwork for VFB. This will be an original and unique piece of artwork related to the story. It will be limited to only 20 original pieces of artwork, each one being a variation. No two will be identical. Each one will be personally signed and numbered by Francois.
In addition to this artwork (ready for framing), this offer also includes the slipcased limited edition of REVIVAL. Both items will be in Very Fine condition throughout, with the same attention to quality and detail you have come to expect from VFB. Fast and free shipping (within the US) with our standard 30-Day Money Back Guarantee policy.
THIS SPECIAL OFFER IS EXCLUSIVE TO VERYFINEBOOKS AND INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. REVIVAL by Stephen King - Signed Artist Deluxe Slipcased Edition by LetterPress
LetterPress Publications. December 2019. Stephen King “Revival” The special deluxe slipcased limited edition. Illustrated by François Vaillancourt (16 Full-Color Interiors!) and Vincent Chong (Bonus Materials) . 500 pages. This item is currently Out of Print from the publisher and will not be available for purchase again. Very Fine without any flaws in slipcase the same.
“I can’t bear to believe his presence in my life had anything to do with fate. It would mean that all these terrible things—these horrors—were meant to happen. If that is so, then there is no such thing as light, and our belief in it is a foolish illusion. If that is so, we live in darkness like animals in a burrow, or ants deep in their hill. And not alone.”
Revival by Stephen King is a dark and electrifying novel about addiction, fanaticism, and what might exist on the other side of life. This rich and disturbing tale spans five decades on its way to the most terrifying conclusion Stephen King has ever written. It’s a masterpiece from King, in the great American tradition of Frank Norris, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Edgar Allan Poe.
Special Bonus Materials:
• Sixteen full-color illustrations by François Vaillancourt, including three fold-out illustrations measuring 14 inches by 10 inches
• An introduction by Josh Boone, writer and director of the forthcoming feature film adaptation
• Exclusive artwork created by Vincent Chong for the film development process
• “A Nasty, Dark Piece of Work” by Bev Vincent: an overview of Stephen King’s writing of the novel
• “Stephen King: The Rolling Stone Interview” — an epic twenty page interview with Stephen King
originally published on Halloween 2014 by Rolling Stone magazine in celebration of the novel’s publication
Special Production Features:
• Deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
• Printed on a heavy interior specialty acid-free paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
• Featuring hot foil stamping and “blind” heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Includes genuine crafted spine hubs in the spine
• Deluxe binding with colored head and tail bands
• High-quality endpapers
• A sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Full-color signature sheet
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil on the spine
• Extremely collectible print run that will be a tiny fraction of the print run of the original trade hardcover edition from Scribner
2. Original Artwork by Francois Vaillancourt. Signed Limited Edition of 20
Each piece will be personally signed and numbered by the artist
This collection is unique because it includes an original artistic stand-alone remarque that has been created and personally signed by the artist François Vaillancourt.
This remarque will add a special value to your book because it is a one-of-a-kind original. This detailed finished full color drawing ties in with the subject matter of the edition and is personally and individually drawn for you by François Vaillancourt. Remarquing is only done with select few books of each edition, thus making them highly collectible.
Besides enhancing the appearance and collectibility of your edition, it gives you the unique opportunity to own an original piece of work by the artist that will be a great image to display in your home or office.
Artwork Features:• A different piece of artwork not found in the Standard or Lettered edition of REVIVAL
• A unique mix media color remarque, created with ink, acrylic and pencil.
• 20 remarque variations, each unique to VFB on a specially designed sheet with logo
• Personally signed and numbered by Francois Vaillancourt
• Printed on a 8.5″ x 11″ thick stock, suitable for framing
• All remarques will be numbered 1 to 20 for this extremely limited series
About the artist
François is a Montreal artist who specializes in images illustrating dark worlds and stories where horror and macabre meet.
His images are characterized by a highly textured, emotionally evocative and sensitive universe. Even through his darkest images, we can recognize a certain beauty and fragility.
Although he is trained as a classical artist, his work and creative methods have been transposed into the digital world, allowing him to rework his images in a more fluid way until the desired result is achieved.François’ images have illustrated the stories of some of the most popular authors, such as Stephen King, David Morrell, Richard Chizmar, Tim Lebbon and many others.
Features• "Charles Jacobs" from REVIVAL, by Francois Vallaincourt, Signed Limited Edition Artwork of only 20
• Free Bonus Gift #1 - Limited Edition of REVIVAL by LetterPress
• Free Bonus Gift #2 - First Edition hardcover of Stephen King's THE INSTITUTE in a brand new Mylar sleeve. Very Fine
• Free Bonus Gift #3 - Your choice of one free collectible Very Fine book. Over 50 to choose from.
• Each item is Very Fine/Very Fine without any discernible flaws.
• Free luxury gift wrapping available at check-out.
• 30 day return policy with free 2-way shipping (within the US) .
• The same quality and attention you have come to expect from veryfinebooks.com with professional packing & shipping.
• Availability - Only 20 in stock: Your number of the S/L artwork will be allocated in the same sequence as orders received.
Signature AuthenticityLIFETIME GUARANTEE OF SIGNATURE AUTHENTICITY. Charles Jacobs, the signed limited edition remarque, has been personally signed and numbered by the artist, Francois Vaillancourt. The deluxe edition of REVIVAL has been personally signed by François Vaillancourt, Josh Boone, Vincent Chong, and Bev Vincent. It is also signed by the artist Glenn Chadbourne.
- Francois Vaillancourt, LetterPress Publications. December 2019
- Signed Limited Remarque + Artist Edition
- Hardcover with dust-jacket, Slipcased
- See product description
- 9" x 6" x 2"
- Signature Authenticity:
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE. Charles Jacobs, the signed limited edition remarque, has been personally signed and numbered by the artist, Francois Vaillancourt. It is also signed by the artist Glenn Chadbourne.