A Rare and Highly Collectible Signed Limited Edition
Personally signed by all 15 contributors. This is number 348 of only 1,000 produced.
West Kingston. Donald M. Grant Publisher Inc . "Prime Evil : New Stories by the Masters of Modern Horror". Signed Limited Edition anthology of only 1,000 produced. First Illustrated Edition.
Prime Evil is an anthology of horror short stories edited by Douglas E. Winter. It was first published in 1988 by New American Library. With the exception of the Dennis Etchison story, "The Blood Kiss", the stories are original to this anthology.
This edition is number 348 of 1,000 and has been personally signed by all contributors (15 signatures in all):
- Stephen King
- Clive Barker
- Douglas E. Winter
- Ramsey Campbell
- Thomas Tessier
- Charles L. Grant
- Thomas Canty
- Paul Hazel
- Whitley Strieber
- Thomas Ligotti
- David Morrell
- Peter Straub
- M. John Harrison
- Dennis Etchison
- Jack Cady
- Introduction, by Douglas E. Winter
- "The Night Flier", by Stephen King
- "Having a Woman at Lunch", by Paul E. Hazel
- "The Blood Kiss", by Dennis Etchison
- "Coming to Grief", by Clive Barker
- "Food", by Thomas Tessier
- "The Great God Pan", by M. John Harrison
- "Orange Is for Anguish, Blue for Insanity", by David Morrell
- "The Juniper Tree", by Peter Straub
- "Spinning Tales with the Dead", by Charles L. Grant
- "Alice’s Last Adventure", by Thomas Ligotti
- "Next Time You’ll Know Me", by Ramsey Campbell
- "The Pool", by Whitley Strieber
- "By Reason of Darkness", by Jack Cady
From Publishers Weekly
Winter has put together a classy collection of original horror stories by some of the biggest names in the fieldreminiscent in intent and quality of Dennis Etchison's anthology of two years ago, Cutting Edge. The lead story, "The Night Flier," is by Stephen King, a vampire tale with a long windup. "Having a Woman at Lunch" by Paul Hazel is a carefully written, ironic account of a group of diffident males who find a macabre way of dealing with a woman who infiltrates their circle. Clive Barker's "Coming to Grief" is one of this writer's quieter stories, which clearly shows the influence of Ramsey Campbell, himself represented by "Next Time You'll Know Me," about a homicidal paranoic for whom it is difficult not to feel sorry. "Food" by Thomas Tessier tells of an obese woman undergoing a metamorphosis and the unfortunate man who loves her. Other excellent contributions are by M. John Harrison, Peter Straub and Whitley Strieber.
This stunning collection of novellas and short stories by masters of the macabre brings to fans and newcomers an unrelenting spell of horror and suspense. These are tales that strike beyond sheer terror, as their disturbing visions capture the dark reality we all fear. Features works by Stephen King, Clive Barker, Peter Straub, and more.
"Gets the adrenaline flowing".--Washington Post.
About the publisher
DONALD M. GRANT PUBLISHER, INC. has been producing specialty books in the fantasy genre for over 45 years. Over that period the company has published substantially more than 100 quality titles, placing an emphasis on time-honored book design and an abundance of full color and black and white illustrations.
Indeed, the company’s forte is the production of fine editions designed for the book collector and for the book lover. Particular concern is always given in the use of quality bindings, paper, typography and reproduction of artworks. Many of the Grant imprint books are illustrated in full and striking color.
Donald M. Grant, Publisher will continue to bring you fine quality books in the future. Many exciting projects are currently being discussed or are already underway.
Tray-case is VF- with three tiny flaws close to the top of the spine.
- Donald M. Grant Publisher Inc
- Signed Limited Edition Anthology
- Full Genuine Leather
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity. Personally signed by 15 contributors directly onto the limitation page of the book. The autographs are not facsimiles, stamps, or auto-pens.
- Publication Date: