Personally signed by Steve Martin and Harry Bliss directly into the book!
Limited to only 25 signed first edition slipcased copies w/COA, never to be offered again!
Celadon Books (November 17, 2020). Steve Martin and Harry Bliss. "A Wealth of Pigeons: A Cartoon Collection by Harry Bliss and Steve Martin". This first edition has been personally signed by both authors directly into the book. Limited to only 25 slipcased copies with hand-numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Sealed.
Multi-talented comedian Steve Martin has been making us laugh on the screen for years, and his new book A Wealth of Pigeons features new material combined with some familiar themes, brought to life by hilarious illustrations from The New Yorker cartoonist Harry Bliss.
Steve Martin is one of the most well-known talents in entertainment. His work has earned him an Academy Award®, five Grammy® awards, an Emmy®, the Mark Twain Award, and the Kennedy Center Honors.
- Personally signed by Steve Martin and Harry Bliss (no bookplates)
- Signed First Edition/First Printing (Celadon Books Nov. 2020)
- Limited Slipcased Signed First Edition of only 25
- Very Fine/Very Fine without any discernible flaws.
- Includes individually hand-numbered COA (Certificate of Authenticity)
- The slipcase will be produced from high quality material (sophisticated rich appearance and feel) with the author’s name and book title printed on the front and spine surfaces. Two color printing.
- Available on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Free luxury gift wrapping available at check-out.
- The entire package will be SEALED in shrink-wrapping.
- 30 day return policy with free 2-way shipping (within the US) .
- The same quality and attention to detail you have come to expect from veryfinebooks.com
- Professional packing & shipping.
- Ship date: Jan. 12th, 2021
As an author, Martin’swork includes the novel An Object of Beauty, the play Picasso at the Lapin Agile, a collection of comic pieces, Pure Drivel, a bestselling novella, Shopgirl, and his memoir Born Standing Up. Martin’s films include The Jerk, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Roxanne, Parenthood, L.A. Story, Father of the Bride, and Bowfinger.
A Wealth of Pigeons: A Cartoon Collection
“I've always looked upon cartooning as comedy’s last frontier. I have done stand-up, sketches, movies, monologues, awards show introductions, sound bites, blurbs, talk show appearances, and tweets, but the idea of a one-panel image with or without a caption mystified me. I felt like, yeah, sometimes I’m funny, but there are these other weird freaks who are actually funny. You can understand that I was deeply suspicious of these people who are actually funny.”
So writes the multitalented comedian Steve Martin in his introduction to A Wealth of Pigeons: A Cartoon Collection. In order to venture into this lauded territory of cartooning, he partnered with the heralded New Yorker cartoonist Harry Bliss. Steve shared caption and cartoon ideas, Harry provided impeccable artwork, and together they created this collection of humorous cartoons and comic strips, with amusing commentary about their collaboration throughout. The result: this gorgeous, funny, singular book, perfect to give as a gift or to buy for yourself.
From the publisher
"A sweetly goofy team effort by the king of slapstick and the lauded cartoonist."
"A witty cartoon collection that’s the result of two different comedic minds."
-Parade, "These 10 New Books From the Biggest and Brightest Celebrities Will Be Holiday Must-Reads"
About Steve Martin
Steve Martin is one of today's most talented performers. His huge successes as a film actor include such credits as ROXANNE, FATHER OF THE BRIDE, PARENTHOOD and THE SPANISH PRISONER. He has won Emmys for his television writing and two Grammys for comedy albums. In addition to the bestselling PURE DRIVEL, he has written several plays, including Picasso at the Lapin Agile and a highly acclaimed novel, SHOPGIRL. His work appears in The New Yorker and The New York Times.
About Harry Bliss
Harry Bliss (born March 9, 1964 in Rochester, New York) is an American cartoonist and illustrator. Bliss has illustrated many books, and produced hundreds of cartoons and 21 covers for The New Yorker. Bliss has a syndicated single-panel comic titled Bliss. Bliss is syndicated through Tribune Content Agency and appears in over 80 newspapers in the United States, Canada and Japan.
- Easton Press
- Signed Collector's Edition w/COA
- Signed by the author
- Steve Martin, Harry Bliss
- Guarantee of Signature Authenticity:
- Personally signed by the authors Steve Martin and Harry Bliss directly into the book. The autographs are not facsimiles, stamps, or auto-pens.