Personally signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden
Lividian Publications. December 2020. Joe Hill “20th Century Ghosts”. Signed Limited Edition of 1,750. Personally signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden directly onto the special title page. The included art card has been personally signed by Vincent Sammy. The special deluxe slipcased limited edition. Illustrated by Vincent Sammy (17 Full-Color Interiors!). This item is currently Out of Print from the publisher and will not be available for purchase again. Very Fine and sealed without any flaws in slipcase the same.
What makes this book significant is that 20th Century Ghosts was Joe Hill's first published book-length work. It is a collection of short stories, first published in October 2005 in the United Kingdom and released in October 2007 in the United States.
From the publisher:
Lividian Publications is pleased present our signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill, which was offered as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between April 6, 2020 and April 30, 2020 set the print run.
This special edition includes a brand-new introduction by Christopher Golden, new story notes by Joe Hill, and sixteen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy, plus a clever piece of “hidden” spot artwork.
- Publication Date: December 29, 2020
- Page Count: 480
• Sixteen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy, plus one piece of spot art (fans of the book will know where to find it!)
• “The Importance of Wearing Glasses,” a new introduction by Christopher Golden
• The original introduction by Christopher Golden
• Updated acknowledgments by Joe Hill
Deluxe Production Features:
• Two-color interior offset printing
• Printed on an acid-free specialty paper stock
• Deluxe leatherette binding
• Hot foil stamping and “blind” heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Genuine spine hubs like an old world volume
• Colored head and tail bands
• High-quality, four-color faux marbled endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Features a full-color frontispiece
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil
• Limited to just 1,750 copies produced in a one-time printing, never to be reprinted!
The Art Card has been personally signed by Vincent Sammy
About the Book:
“An inventive collection… brave and astute.” — New York Times Book Review (Editor’s Choice)
From New York Times bestselling author Joe Hill comes this award-winning collection of short fiction that launched him into the bright lights of the literary world’s big stage fifteen years ago.
Imogene is young, beautiful… and dead, waiting in the Rosebud Theater one afternoon in 1945…
Francis was human once, but now he’s an eight-foot-tall locust, and everyone in Calliphora will tremble when they hear him sing…
John is locked in a basement stained with the blood of half a dozen murdered children, and an antique telephone, long since disconnected, rings at night with calls from the dead…
Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse…
Nolan knows but can never tell what really happened in the summer of ’77, when his idiot savant younger brother built a vast cardboard fort with secret doors leading into other worlds…
The past isn’t dead. It isn’t even past…
Table of Contents:
- The Importance of Wearing Glasses by Christopher Golden
- Original Introduction by Christopher Golden
- Best New Horror
- 20th Century Ghost
- Pop Art
- You Will Hear the Locust Sing
- Abraham’s Boys
- Better Than Home
- The Black Phone
- In the Rundown
- The Cape
- Last Breath
- The Widow’s Breakfast
- Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead
- My Father’s Mask
- Voluntary Committal
- New Story Notes by Joe Hill
About the Author
Joseph Hillström King (born June 4, 1972), better known by the pen name Joe Hill, is an American author and comic book writer. His work includes the novels Heart-Shaped Box (2007), Horns (2010), NOS4A2 (2013), and The Fireman (2016); the short story collections 20th Century Ghosts (2005) and Strange Weather (2017); and the comic book series Locke & Key (2008–2013). Locke & Key won British Fantasy Awards in 2009 and 2012, and an Eisner Award in 2011.
King is the son of authors Stephen and Tabitha King and the brother of Owen King.
About the artist
Vincent Sammy - "MY BIO"
I am a South African freelance illustrator working in the field of Horror, Fantasy, The Macabre, Sci-fi, and most things weird.
I have been featured in INTERZONE, BLACK STATIC, BEWARE THE DARK, SOMETHING WICKED,PANDEMONIUM books as well as artwork featured in the 2012 movie CHRONICLE as well as in the 2015 movie TIGER HOUSE.
I am the 2016 cover artist for INTERZONE.
I have also done work for NEW CON PRESS, SST PUBLICATIONS, ROSARIUM PUBLISHERS, PERMUTED PRESS, THUNDERSTORM BOOKS and DOGHORN PUBLISHERS
I was a 2016 BSFA AWARD nominee in the category if best artwork. I was also the runner-up in the 2012 THIS IS HORROR - Artist of the year awards and was nominated again in 2013.
Signature AuthenticityLIFETIME GUARANTEE OF SIGNATURE AUTHENTICITY. The signed limited edition of "20th Century Ghosts" has been personally signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden. The included art card has been personally signed by the artist Vincent Sammy.
- Lividian Publications
- Signed Limited Edition of 1,750
- Hardcover with dust-jacket, Slipcased
- Vincent Sammy
- Joe Hill
- Signature Authenticity:
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE. The signed limited edition has been personally signed by Joe Hill and Christopher Golden. The art card is signed by Vincent Sammy.