Personally signed by Joshua Hoffine and limited to only 300.“My role as a Horror photographer is to show you what you don’t want to see"- Joshua Hoffine.
Dark Regions Press 2019 . Joshua Hoffine "Horror Photography". A Signed Limited Deluxe edition of only 300 numbered copies. Leather Bound hardcover edition with dust-jacket and linen slipcase. Personally signed by Joshua Hoffine directly onto the limitation page of the book.
From the publisher -
JOSHUA HOFFINE'S FIRST BOOK: A COLLECTION OF 13 YEARS OF HORROR PHOTOGRAPHY. Dark Regions Press presents 'JOSHUA HOFFINE HORROR PHOTOGRAPHY', an oversized 12"x12" hardcover book of full-color images from renowned Horror photographer Joshua Hoffine.
As a pioneer in the sub-genre of Horror photography, Joshua Hoffine is one of the most recognized photographers in the world. Notorious for using real children combined with theatrical sets and practical SPFX, his work has been featured in countless publications around the globe. This comprehensive volume collects all of his Horror photographs together for the first time. Spanning 13 years (2003 - 2016) this book includes rare behind-the-scenes photos and artist commentary.
Two new photographs - NOSFERATU and DEVIL MUGSHOT - were created exclusively for this book.
- Personally signed by Joshua Hoffine
- Limited to only 300 signed and numbered copies.
- A complete collection of Horror photography spanning 13 years of work
- Two new photographs
- Behind-the-scenes photos
- Writings from Joshua Hoffine on Horror and commentary about specific photographs
- Oversized 12"x12" leather bound hardcover printed in full color
- 180+ pages on premium photo paper with gloss finish
- Offset printed with Smyth sewn case binding for maximum durability
- Available in Trade hardcover or signed & numbered leather Deluxe hardcover with dust
- jacket and linen slipcase
About The Author
Joshua Hoffine is one of the most recognized photographers in the world. He is a pioneer in the subgenre of Horror photography.
“My role as a Horror photographer is to show you what you don’t want to see.
I stage my photo-shoots like small movies, with sets, costumes, elaborate props, fog machines, and SPFX make-up. Everything is acted out live in front of the camera.
I believe that the Horror story is ultimately concerned with the imminence and randomness of death, and the implication that there is no certainty to existence. The experience of Horror resides in this confrontation with uncertainty. It tells us that our belief in security is delusional, and that the monsters are all around us.”
Hoffine began making ‘Horror photographs’ in 2003. His work exploded on the internet in 2008 when he released a series of images exploring the nature of childhood fears. Since that time his work has been featured in countless magazines, anthologies, and news outlets around the world, and he has developed a cult following for his meticulously staged photographic works.
His work has been featured in the Horror publications Rue Morgue, Fangoria, Horror Hound, Scream UK, Virus, and Famous Monsters of Filmland. His commercial clients include Sony, Busch Gardens, and The National Opera of Paris.
- Dark Regions Press 2019
- Signed Limited Edition of 300 (signed/numbered)
- Slipcased hardcover and case laminate
- Joshua Hoffine
- 12" x 12" x 2"
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity. Personally signed by the artist/photographer Joshua Hoffine directly onto the limitation page of the book. The autograph is not a facsimile, stamp, or auto-pen.