America’s essential literary and historical works in a 51-volume collection.
The Library of America. 51-volume collector's set. Uniform matching slipcases with cloth bindings. Now you can build or complement your own library of America’s essential literary and historical works, including novels, stories, poetry, plays, essays, journalism, historical writing, speeches, and more. Each one is a handsome, authoritative edition at a lower price per page than virtually any other hardcover book. Fine/Near Fine condition.
The Library of America - From poetry, novels, and memoirs to journalism, crime writing, and science fiction, the more than 300 volumes published by Library of America are widely recognized as America’s literary canon.
Enhance your library with volumes featuring acid-free paper, Smyth-sewn bindings, fine-quality cloth, sewn-in ribbon markers, and a durable slipcase.
51 volume set in several shipments:
1. AMERICAN POETRY - The Nineteenth Century, Vol.2 (F/F)
2. JEWETT - Novels & Stories (Fine/Fine)
3. MARK TWAIN - Historical Romances (Fine/NF+)
4. WILLIAM JAMES - Writings 1878 - 1899 (Fine/Fine)
5. THOREAU - A Week, Walden Maine Woods Cape Cod (Fine/NF+)
6. HURSTON - Novels & Short Stories (Fine/Fine)
7. MELVILL - Typee, Omoo, Mardi (Fine/NF+)
8. MARK TWAIN - Mississippi Writings (Fine/NF+)
9. CATHER - Stories, Poems, & Other Writings (Fine/Fine)
10. LONDON - Novels & Stories (Fine/Fine)
11. H. JAMES - Collected Travel Writings, Great Britian and America (Fine/Fine)
12. WRIGHT - Later Works (Fine/Fine)
13. LEWIS - Main Street & Babbitt (Fine/Fine)
14. H. JAMES - Complete Stories 1892 - 1898 (Fine/Fine)
15. CHANDLER - Stories & Early Novels (Fine/Fine)
16. HENRY JAMES - Novels 1871 - 1880 (Fine/NF)
17. NABOKOV - Novels 1955 - 1962 (Fine/Fine)
18. MARK TWAIN - Tales, Sketches, Speeches, & Essays 1852 - 1890 (NF/NF)
19. SHERMAN - Memoirs (Fine/NF)
20. CHANDLER - Later Novels & Other Writings (Fine/NF)
21. WASHINGTON - Writings (NF/NF)
22. GRANT - Memoirs and Selected Letters (NF/NF)
23. EMERSON - Essays & Letters (NF/NF)
24. EMERSON - Collected Poems & Translations (Fine/Fine)
25. THURBER - Writings & Drawings (Fine/Fine)
26. PAINE - Collected Writings (Fine/NF)
27. BARTRAM - Travels & Other Writings (Fine/Fine)
28. CATHER - Early Novels & Stories (Fine/NF)
29. HAWTHORNE - Tales and Sketches (NF/Fine)
30. FAULKNER - Novels 1942 - 1954 (Fine/Fine)
31. MUIR - Nature Writings (Fine/Fine)
32. LINCOLN - Speeches and Writings 1859 - 1865 (Fine/NF)
33. NABOKOV - Novels & Memoirs 1941 - 1951 (Fine/NF+)
34. REPORTING WORLD WAR II - Part One (Fine/NF+)
35. REPORTING WORLD WAR II - Part Two (Fine/Fine)
36. H. JAMES - Complete Stories 1808 - 1910 (Fine/NF)
37. DOS PASSOS - U.S.A. (NF/Fine)
38. IRVING - Bracebridge Hall, Tales of a Traveller, The Alhambra
39. JEFFERSON - Writings (NF/NF)
40. LINCOLN - Speeches and Writings 1832 - 1858 (Fine/NF)
41. FAULKNER - Novels 1936 - 1940 (Fine/Fine)
42. MARK TWAIN - Tales, Sketches, Speeches, & Essays 1891 -1910 (Fine/Fine)
43. FROST - Collected Poems, Prose, & Plays (Fine/Fine)
44. CRANE - Prose and Poetry (NF/Fine)
45. NABOKOV - Novels 1969 - 1974 (Fine/NF+)
46. H. JAMES - Collected Travel Writings The Continent (Fine/NF+)
47. STEINBECK - The Grapes of Wrath & Other Writings 1936 - 1941 (Fine/NF)
48. FRANKLIN - Writings (Fine/NF)
49. WHITMAN - Poetry and Prose (Fine/NF)
50. CATHER - Later Novels (Fine/Fine)
51. STEINBECK - Novels & Stories 1932 - 1937 (Fine) No slipcase.
THE LIBRARY OF AMERICA
Library of America, a nonprofit organization, champions our nation’s cultural heritage by publishing America’s greatest writing in authoritative new editions and providing resources for readers to explore this rich, living legacy.
Widely recognized as the definitive collection of American writing, Library of America editions encompass all periods and genres—including acknowledged classics, neglected masterpieces, and historically important documents and texts—and showcase the vitality and variety of America’s literary legacy. Additional public programs, digital resources, and community partnerships help readers worldwide make meaningful connections with the nation’s written heritage.
“There’s nothing like Library of America, it’s a national treasure—true to the protean, multi-vocal, democratic spirit of America itself.”—Tony Kushner (Pulitzer Prize–winning playwright)
More than a publisher, Library of America is a vital part of the cultural landscape—an invaluable portal through which the words and ideas that formed and continue to shape America can enrich our lives for years to come.
Library of America was long a dream of the literary critic Edmund Wilson (1895–1972), who was concerned that many works by America’s best writers were either out of print or nearly impossible to find. Without a deliberate publishing effort to preserve American writing and make it widely available, many important works would disappear from the cultural conversation. As a consequence, deprived of an important part of their cultural inheritance, Americans would lose a collective sense of the country’s literary accomplishments and the vital role writing has played in our history.
- The Library of America
- Limited Edition Collector's Set