Included in this collection:
1. "On The Origin of the Species", with a new preface by Charles G Darwin, illustrated with wood engravings by Paul Landacre.
2. "The Descent of Man", with a preface by Ashley Montagu, and drawings by Fritz Kredel.
3. "The Voyage of H.M.S. Beagle", Journals of researches into the natural history & geology of the countries visited.
4. "The Autobiography" 1809-1882, with original omissions restored, edited with appendix and notes by his grand-daughter, Nora Barlow.
About the Author
Charles Robert Darwin, FRS (12 February 1809 19 April 1882) was an English naturalist and geologist, best known for his contributions to evolutionary theory. He established that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors, and in a joint publication with Alfred Russel Wallace introduced his scientific theory that this branching pattern of evolution resulted from a process that he called natural selection, in which the struggle for existence has a similar effect to the artificial selection involved in selective breeding.
Includes all the classic Easton Press qualities:
* Premium Leather
* Silk Moire Endleaves
* Distinctive Cover Design
* Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
* Satin Ribbon Page Marker
* Gilded Page Edges
* Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
* Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
* Beautiful Illustrations
Charles Darwin is best known for his contributions to the evolutionary theory.
book grading definitions
- Easton Press
- Easton Press 1999
- Full Genuine Leather
- Complete Matching Set
- Very Fine (4 Volumes)