A luxurious leather bound matching set of the classics by William Faulkner, the American writer and Nobel Prize laureate.
Easton Press, Norwalk. CT. WILLIAM FAULKNER CLASSICS. The true classics of American literature in 10 leather bound matching volumes. A Limited Edition collection. Uniform light brown leather bindings, distinct cover designs with decorations, and embossed initial "WF" on the front board. Each volume includes a frontispiece of the original edition's dust jacket art exclusive illustrations by various artists.
List of titles in this shipment:
1. The Sound and the Fury, illustrated by Alan Phillips [Sealed]
2. Light in August, illustrated by Richard Sparks
3. As I Lay Dying, illustrated by Richard Sparks
4. Absalom, Absalom!, illustrated by Richard Sparks
5. The Reivers: A Reminiscece, illustrated by Richard Sparks
6. Collected Stories, Vol. I, illustrated by Alan Phillips
7. Collected Stories, Vol. II, illustrated by Alan Phillips
8. Go Down, Moses, illustrated by Alan Phillips
9. Intruder in the Dust, illustrated by Alan Reingold
10. The Unvanquished, illustrated by Edward Shenton
William Cuthbert Faulkner (September 25, 1897 – July 6, 1962) was an American writer and Nobel Prize laureate from Oxford, Mississippi. Faulkner wrote novels, short stories, a play, poetry, essays, and screenplays. He is primarily known for his novels and short stories set in the fictional Yoknapatawpha County, based on Lafayette County, Mississippi, where he spent most of his life.
Faulkner is one of the most celebrated writers in American literature generally and Southern literature specifically. Though his work was published as early as 1919, and largely during the 1920s and 1930s, Faulkner was relatively unknown until receiving the 1949 Nobel Prize in Literature, for which he became the only Mississippi-born Nobel laureate. Two of his works, A Fable (1954) and his last novel The Reivers (1962), won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. In 1998, the Modern Library ranked his 1929 novel The Sound and the Fury sixth on its list of the 100 best English-language novels of the 20th century; also on the list were As I Lay Dying (1930) and Light in August (1932). Absalom, Absalom! (1936) is often included on similar lists.
FeaturesIncludes the classic Easton Press qualities:
* Premium Leather
* Silk Moire Endleaves
* Distinctive Cover Design
* Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
* Satin Ribbon Page Marker
* Gilded Page Edges
* Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
* Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
* Beautiful Illustrations
Each volume is a wonderful bright clean copy free of any markings, writings, or stamps. Sharp corners that are not bumped. Tight and square spines. Unread books without any attached bookplates or indication of any removed. The gilded page edges are unmarked. One volume is still sealed in the original shrink-wrap.
- Easton Press
- Easton Press
- Full genuine leather
- Limited Edition Matched Set
- 9" x 6" x 1.5"