Photos of actual collection. This is the deluxe leather bound edition of The Official Biography published by The Easton Press. A twelve volume matching set that is now out of print and hard to find. The authors are Randolph S. Churchill and Martin Gilbert. This set features full maroon leather with gilt ornamentation. It has been profusely illustrated with reproductions from historical photographs.
This magnificent collection also includes numerous maps and photos. The title & author labels on the spines are in gold and black. This set will arrive with twelve extra Ex-Libris bookplates for your own personalization.
Each volume in this set is luxuriously bound in full genuine leather. Twelve leather bound heirlooms that will be treasured from generations to come. A unique gift for yourself or for someone else.
Easton Press. Copyright 1994. Limited Edition. Collector's Edition. A complete and matching set presented in 12 volumes as listed :
- YOUTH 1874-1900
- YOUNG STATEMAN 1901-1914
- THE CHALLENGE OF WAR 1914-1916
- THE STRICKEN WORLD 1917-1922
- Part one : THE PROPHET OF TRUTH 1922-1934
- Part two : THE PROPHET OF TRUTH 1935-1939
- Part one : FINEST HOUR 1939-1940
- Part two : FINEST HOUR 1940-1941
- Part one : ROAD TO VICTORY 1941-1944
- Part two : ROAD TO VICTORY 1944-1945
- Part one : NEVER DESPAIR 1945-1951
- Part two : NEVER DESPAIR 1951-1965
Condition: Twelve volumes as shown in Very Fine condition. Not even a single scratch to the gilded page edges. Free of markings, writings, or stamps. No attached book plates or indication of any removed. An excellent set of unread books.
Each volume features the classic Easton Press qualities:
* Premium Leather
* Silk Moire Endleaves
* Distinctive Cover Design
* Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
* Satin Ribbon Page Marker
* Gilded Page Edges
* Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
* Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
* Beautiful Illustrations
About Winston Churchill
During his army career, Churchill saw action in India, in the Sudan and the Second Boer War. He gained fame and notoriety as a war correspondent and through contemporary books he wrote describing the campaigns. He also served briefly in the British Army on the Western Front in World War I, commanding the 6th Battalion of the Royal Scots Fusiliers.
- The Easton Press (1994)
- Full genuine leather
- Limited Edition Deluxe Set
- Very Fine