Personally signed by Stephen King and more than 50 other contributorsThis listing is for the Traycased Lettered Edition (Letter F) of "The Big Book of NECON", which only 52 lettered copies were produced. It is signed by more than 50 contributors including Stephen King, hand-bound in leather, featuring different endpapers, different signature sheets, a color frontispiece, with a satin ribbon page marker and a deluxe hand-made traycase.
Featuring contributions by Stephen King, Peter Straub, Neil Gaiman, Jack Ketchum, Rick Hautala, Thomas Tessier, Chet Williamson, Douglas Clegg, Brian Keene, Ramsey Campbell, Douglas Winter, Thomas Monteleone, Gahan Wilson, Jonathan Carroll, John Coyne, Alan Ryan, Lucius Shepard, Graham Joyce, Tim Lebbon, and over 30 other artists and authors who have made Necon the most popular convention of the horror genre over the last three decades!
About the Book: Bob and Mary Booth invented The Northeast Regional Fantasy and Horror Convention (Necon) in 1980 after they ran the 1979 World Fantasy Convention. Attendance at Necon has always been capped at 200 participants, which adds to the convention's close-knit atmosphere—but also creates a high demand for tickets. If you've never been able to attend this incredible summer gathering, The Big Book of Necon will give you a glimpse into what makes that convention so special. And if you're already a Necon regular, this generous volume will bring back a lot of fond memories.
Featuring works from over 50 contributors, The Big Book of Necon provides hours of great horror/dark fantasy reading from some of the most important names in modern horror. Many of the short stories, essays, poems, and artwork originally appeared in the annual program booklet, which is exclusively printed for the attendees each year.
Other highlights include:
- fiction by writers from horror's golden age (Stephen King, Peter Straub, F. Paul Wilson, Alan Ryan, Jack Ketchum), by the genre's newer stars (Christopher Golden, Brian Keene, and many others), and by visitors from the British Isles (Neil Gaiman, Ramsey Campbell, Tim Lebbon)
- essays by Charles L. Grant and Thomas F. Monteleone, defining the Necon experience for the uninitiated
- artwork by Gahan Wilson, Glenn Chadbourne, Richard Sardina, and Cortney Skinner As eclectic and entertaining as the convention itself, The Big Book of Necon gathers together horror's finest authors in a rare celebration of what's unique and exciting about the genre. A once-in-a-lifetime event, this massive anthology is certain to be one of the most talked about books of the year!
Bonus books include:
- Trade Hardcover Edition bound in full-cloth and Smyth sewn with full-color dust jacket artwork
- Advance Uncorrected Proof in paperback
About The AuthorStephen Edwin King (born September 21, 1947) is an American author of horror, supernatural fiction, suspense, science fiction and fantasy. His books have sold more than 350 million copies, many of which have been adapted into feature films, miniseries, television series, and comic books. King has published 58 novels, including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman, and six non-fiction books. He has written around 200 short stories, most of which have been published in book collections.
- Cemetery Dance Publications
- Signed Lettered Edition #F of 52
- see photos
- see description
- 11.5" x 8.5" x 2"
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee of Signature Authenticity. Personally hand signed by Stephen King and over 50 other contributors directly onto a special signature page. The autographs are not facsimiles, stamps, or auto-pens.