A beautiful leather bound collection featuring Christopher Columbus, his voyages and life. The compass points on the spine and repeated ship tackle motif on boards are quite distinctive. A scarce set, more so in this new condition.
Three volumes included in this shipment:
1. "Admiral Of The Ocean Sea: A Life of Christopher Columbus" Volume 1 [Very Fine]
2. "Admiral Of The Ocean Sea: A Life of Christopher Columbus" Volume 2 [Very Fine]
3. "The Life And Voyages of Christopher Columbus" [Very Fine]
Telling the story of the greatest sailor of them all, "Admiral of the Ocean Sea" is a vivid and definitive biography of Columbus that details all of his voyages that, for better or worse, changed the world.
About the author
Samuel Eliot Morison, Rear Admiral, United States Naval Reserve (July 9, 1887 - May 15, 1976) was an American historian noted for his works of maritime history that were both authoritative and highly readable.
"A splendid achievement and a lasting monument of American scholarship. The style is delightful and flowing, and the whole work is replete with beauty and humor . . . [A] supremely valuable contribution to the literature on Columbus.'' --New York Times --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
FeaturesIncludes all the classic Easton Press qualities:
* Premium Leather
* Silk Moire Endleaves
* Distinctive Cover Design
* Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
* Satin Ribbon Page Marker
* Gilded Page Edges
* Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
* Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
* Beautiful Illustrations
Each volume is a wonderful bright clean copy free of any markings, writings, or stamps. Sharp corners that are not bumped. Tight and square spine. Unread books. No attached bookplates or indication of any removed.
- Easton Press
- Easton Press
- Leather Bound (Full genuine leather)
- Limited Edition
- Total dimensions: 10 "x 5" x 5"