Personally signed by Jane Smiley
Norwalk, CT. 1991. Signed Limited Edition. No dust-jacket as issued. As New. Sealed. The condition is of the highest quality. Genuine leather, with Certificate of Authenticity and Collector's Notes.
A Thousand Acres is a 1991 novel by American author Jane Smiley. It won the 1992 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, the National Book Critics Circle Award for fiction in 1991 and was adapted to a 1997 film of the same name. The novel is a modernized retelling of Shakespeare's King Lear and is set on a thousand acre (four hundred hectares) farm in Iowa that is owned by a family of a father and his three daughters. It is told through the point of view of the oldest daughter, Ginny.
FeaturesIncludes all the classic Easton Press qualities:
* Premium Leather
* Silk Moire Endleaves
* Distinctive Cover Design
* Hubbed Spine, Accented in Real 22KT Gold
* Satin Ribbon Page Marker
* Gilded Page Edges
* Long-lasting, High Quality Acid-neutral Paper
* Smyth-sewn Pages for Strength and Durability
* Beautiful Illustrations
About The Author
- Easton Press (1991)
- Signed Limited Edition w/COA
- Leather Bound (Full genuine leather)
- 9.25 "x 6.25" x 1.25"
- Signature Authenticity:
- Lifetime Guarantee. Personally signed by Jane Smiley directly onto a special limitation page of the book. Includes original COA from the publisher, which is signed and dated by the author along with a witness.